Welcome to the GCSE Physics Ninja Energy & Power course.
These video lessons are based on question-and-answer flashcards. You can either make your own or download the printable flashcards from the shop.
What will I learn in this course?
When you have completed this course, you will be able to...
- Understand how energy can travel and transfer from one form to another.
- Calculate the efficiency of a machine or process.
- Calculate the gravitational potential energy and kinetic energy of a body.
- Work out the maximum speed of a falling body.
- Understand the term 'work done' and how forces can 'do work'.
- Explain the idea of power in terms of energy transfer and time.
- Calculate power using both standard units and 'domestic power' units.
- Work out the cost of running an electrical appliance.
- Understand the payback time of installing a more efficient appliance.
- Describe and compare different energy resources available for our energy needs.
- Explain the environmental impact of different energy resources.
- Understand and describe how electricity is generated and distributed.