Welcome to the GCSE Physics Ninja Mass & Forces course.
These video lessons are based on question-and-answer flashcards. You can either make your own or purchase the printable flashcards from the shop.What will I learn in this course?
When you have completed this course, you will be able to...
- Understand the difference between mass and weight.
- Explain the effects of forces.
- Calculate the resultant force on an object.
- Use Newton's laws to analyse the motion of an object subjected to forces.
- Explain the effect of friction forces on falling bodies.
- Understand the factors affecting stopping distance.
- Interpret force - extension graphs for different materials
- Calculate extension of a spring using Hooke's Law.
- Explain the difference between elastic and plastic deformation.
- Understand the term centre of mass and use it to determine the stability of objects.
- Explain and calculate the moment due to a force.
- Become familiar with the idea of momentum and its conservation.
- Be able to use impulse to calculate forces and time of impact.
- Explain how a force can cause pressure and perform calculations.
- Calculate pressure vs. depth in liquids.
- Use the idea of particles to describe how a gas exerts a pressure on the walls of a container.
- Understand how machines that use pressure can be force multipliers.