Welcome to the GCSE Physics Ninja Thermal Physics course.
These video lessons are based on question-and-answer flashcards. You can either make your own or download the printable flashcards from the shop.
All flashcards are relevant to GCSE, IGCSE (CIE and EdExcel), and IB unless indicated.
What will I learn in this course?
When you have completed this course, you will be able to...
- Understand what thermal energy is and how it can transfer from one place to another
- Describe experiments to investigate heat transfer by radiation
- Explain the particle model of matter and describe how thermal energy affects the different states of matter.
- Give everyday practical examples of heat transfer in action.
- Describe and explain how to keep objects cool, or hot
- Understand the specific heat capacity and thermal capacity of a material
- Carry out calculations using specific heat capacity
- Understand the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of measuring instruments, for example thermometers
- Carry out calculations involving specific latent heat when matter changes state.