Welcome to the GCSE Physics Ninja Thermal Physics course.
These video lessons are based on question-and-answer flashcards. You can either make your own or download the printable flashcards from the shop.
What will I learn in this course?
When you have completed this course, you will be able to...
- Understand what thermal energy is and how it can transfer from one place to another
- Describe experiments to investigate heat transfer by radiation
- Explain the particle model of matter and describe how thermal energy affects the different states of matter.
- Give everyday practical examples of heat transfer in action.
- Describe and explain how to keep objects cool, or hot
- Understand the specific heat capacity and thermal capacity of a material
- Carry out calculations using specific heat capacity
- Understand the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of measuring instruments, for example thermometers
- Carry out calculations involving specific latent heat when matter changes state.