Welcome to the GCSE Physics Ninja Waves course.
These video lessons are based on question-and-answer flashcards. You can either make your own or download the printable flashcards from the shop.What will I learn in this course?
When you have completed this course, you will be able to...
- Describe waves using terms such as amplitude, wavelength and frequency
- Recall the properties of electromagnetic waves and the regions of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Understand the uses and safety of electromagnetic waves
- Describe how red-shift changes the wavelength and frequency of electromagnetic waves
- Understand how waves provide evidence for the beginning of the universe
- Give examples of mechanical waves
- Calculate the speed of sound in a material
- Describe the medical uses of x-rays, ultrasound and laser light
- Understand how waves can reflect, diffract and refract
- Explain the refractive index of a material
- Use ray diagrams to show how converging and diverging lenses work
- Compare the human eye and a camera
- Understand how short sight and long sight can be corrected using lenses